Saturday, January 19, 2013



PERSONAL STATEMENT

I have always been interested in the field of Computing from my early age. This interest helped me to enhance my academic development, in my BSC Computing course. I gained many knowledge in the sphere of problem solving, study skills for computing, logic & in introduction to java(java Programming).
The Modules that I have take in this semester includes “Problem Solving for IT”, ”Introduction to Programming”, “Study Skills for Computing” & “Logic”.
Personally, the  Module which I enjoyed most is “Introduction to Programming”. This module became more enjoyable because of our Lecturer and Tutor Dhurba Sen as he knows the subject deeply and he is confident which make the students respect him more. This module helps us in Increasing our knowledge in Java programming. This module increases our ability in developing Java software, applications etc. In the beginning this course was bit hard because of the complicated syntax's but our module leader helped us out and when I started understanding it the module became more easy and enjoyable to do.
The next module that I am studying in this semester is “Problem Solving for IT” which is quite a bit tough module as when the tutor started the module with an IQ puzzles, I thought It would be fun and would be interesting but when the course moved ahead all of my excitement came to a halt as it was not about the IQ puzzles but about the problems and finding the best solutions for solving the problem faster and efficiently using a systematic technique. Nevertheless the course is very helpful and I am doing well now.
One of my easiest modules that I have to say is “Logic” as Logic is all about mathematics. As since my school days mathematics has been my strength. As in my school days when it was math period I never forget to sleep because the things taught by teacher never gets inside my head. But after school when I get home I used to practice all the questions by myself which helped me to build my strength in math. But the teaching of my college is totally different from my school and high school level. The module leaders teaches the module very effectively and efficiently which helps the students to build their confidence and develop their academic status.
And my weakest module I have to say is “Study Skills for Computing”. As Study Skills for computing is all about making blog, presenting presentation, increasing study skills etc. As in my school and high school level I never made a blog or presented presentation in front of anyone I didn't know how a presentation is presented so, these things affected me and it became a disadvantage for me. But the module leader is very helpful who gave his hand when I needed it the most he told me to practice the presentation in home recording yourself in the camera by which you later can correct yourself where you felt difficulties. So, I did the same and now I am not perfect but far better than before.
During the whole semester I got many feedback's from the module leaders / lecturer including both positive and negative. The lecturer of “Logic” said that you are doing very well on the questions given to you but he again said that answers without conclusion is not a perfect answer though it seems complete to you so I have been advised that I must by no means avoid this. The lecturer of “Introduction to Programming” was very happy regarding my work and assignments and he encouraged me to work more harder for the next assignment. The lecturer of “Problem Solving for IT” advised me that if there is any problem regarding the subject you could come to me for help but he said he will not give the exact answers but different ways to get the answers.
Although I have improved a lot but I think I still have more to learn making more effort like submission of assignments in time, attending lecture classes regularly, reviewing lecture slides etc. And my action plan for my coming classes and semester is I will always review the slides before going to tutorial classes and I would not be over confident on the subject I know very well and I will concentrate on the saying of all the lecturers and focus on presentation and writing skills. Since, I want to be a great programmer someday so I’m  planning to take this action plans more strictly to improve my academic development in the coming semester and I would attempt  to develop more effective action plans.

        

No comments:

Post a Comment